I am constantly amazed at the stupid things that people do. Well, stupid to me. I’m sure it’s not so stupid to them though stupid is relevant – it depends on the person. Or is it irrelevant? Whatever the case, honestly, it’s not always because people are stupid. Some very tragic things occur to people and sometimes they had no idea of the risk that they were taking. Learning from the mistakes of other people is very important. Whenever I see someone do something that I wouldn’t consider doing, I say, “Yet Another Reason Not To..” So in honor, or in some cases, memory, of people who have done regrettable things, I have
YET ANOTHER REASON NOT TO …
1. … get yourself chased by a bunch of bulls. The “Running of the Bulls” occurred once again recently in Pamplona, Spain. I just don’t understand these people. I know it’s tradition, but come on. Big bulls with big horns chasing you down narrow alleys. It’s a miracle that more people don’t seriously get hurt. Check out some of these:
Running of the Bulls
Ay, Ay, Ay
2. … go bungee jumping. I just am not going to go bungee jumping. Something just doesn’t seem right about jumping from somewhere real high attached to a real stretchy cord. Have you ever seen a rubber band break?
3. … go SCUBA diving with a spouse who has been recently checking if you’ve made them the beneficiary.
Well, this one is sad. You’ve probably heard the story about Gabe and Tina Watson. Come on, now. The guy’s a rescue diver and he can’t find it within himself to go rescue his new wife? Sounds fishy to me. If you haven’t heard about it, here’s the story:
4. … eat chitlins. Enough said – pig guts!
5. … swim with alligators. The thing that gets me about the second guy is the sign that said, “Danger Live Alligators.” Granted, if you’re running from the PO-lice, they’re not likely to chase you into a pond with live alligators. Then again, they realize there’s no real need to chase after you – you’re already pretty much caught.